CallBend: (541) 383-1733
Consumer Insurance Services
Suspension SR-22s Tickets Renters

Leaky roofThe water lines to your home carry water throughout it. They work reliably and long-term in most cases. Yet, there are times when a break can occur. When this happens, it can leave you without the ability to use your home. And, you may face substantial damage repair needs. Home insurance does not cover many types of water pipe breaks. It can cover some types of water damage, though. How can you determine if you have coverage?

What Does Home Insurance Cover with Water Lines?

Water lines move water into the home. They move water throughout your home as well. This includes to faucets, toilets, the dishwasher, refrigerator, and other systems. These pipes can suffer damage for various reasons. Sometimes, they wear down. In other cases, they freeze and burst. Depending on the situation, your home insurance may offer some help to you after such an event occurs. Here are some examples of what to expect.

First, recognize most home insurance policies will not pay for the water pipe repair. However, it may help pay for the damage caused by the leaking pipe. If you have all-peril home insurance, check with your agent to learn when your policy applies.

Sudden and Unexpected Losses

The water lines freeze due to very cold temperatures in the basement. The water lines break after someone damages them through an accident. These sudden, unavoidable, and accidental concerns are tough to deal with. Your home insurance may cover some losses here.

Poor Maintenance and Leaks

In some situations, it is possible for pipes to wear down. A leak may occur over time. It may worsen until the pipe breaks. Sometimes minor leaks occur behind walls and under cabinetry. You may not know they are there until there is significant water damage.

What to Do When a Water Line Breaks

After turning off the water, contact your home insurance agent. Some policies may cover the cleanup and water extraction. This depends on the specific cause and the details of your policy. You also will want to find out if the policy will help with the replacement of damaged and lost items.

Your Bend home insurance agent will help arrange for any services you need if you have coverage. If you live in an area where water lines are older, you may also want to speak to your water company. Some offer plans to help defray some of the cost if a water line break does occur on your property.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version

Contact Us
Visit Us Explore Our Blog
Consumer Insurance Services
1843 NE 3rd St
Bend, OR 97701

Phone: (541) 383-1733
Phone: (888) 898-SR22
Fax: (541) 383-1785
Get a Quote
Customer Service
About Us
Contact Us
Powered by Insurance Website Design